WHAT IS AlertUSA?
WHO NEEDS IT?
Request More Info
Your Questions & Answers
Motivating A Loved One
Installation & Support
Become A Partner
|Who Is At Risk?
- One out of three Americans age 65 and older falls at least once a year. The chances of surviving a fall are six times greater if you are found within one hour.
- The National Heart Association reports that 350,000 of the 1.6 million Americans that suffer from heart attacks die because help does not arrive on time.
- Every minute that a stroke victim goes unattended, the chance of permanent disability or death increases dramatically.
- The National Safety Council reported that over 3 million people will sustain disabling injuries in or around their home; more than 100,000 will be permanently disabled and more than 20,000 will die.
- U.S. Government studies estimate that at least 260,000 of the 1 million people over age 65 in nursing homes don't have to be there - and don't want to be there.
- The National Fire Protection Agency reported that there were over 500,000 annual home fires resulting in over 4 billion dollars in damage and over 25,000 deaths or major injuries.
- The Department of Justice reported that one out of every four households will be the victim of burglary this year. A burglary occurs every 10 seconds in the U.S.
- The New England Journal of Medicine concluded that for elderly people who live alone, becoming incapacitated and unable to get help is a common event, which usually marks the end of their ability to live independently.
While we can't prevent an emergency from occurring, what is seldom realized is that it isn't always the emergency itself that results in debilitating injuries, but the fact that the sufferer lays unattended for long periods of time. AlertUSA provides help with the easy push of a button, allowing for early intervention and providing seniors with the opportunity for independence and peace of mind.